Friday, September 3, 2010

For shame

In our house there is a lot of, "oh gambit!" going on. I suppose Jack heard us say damn it (and more than once ) so now he is trying to figure out this magical phrase that will express all of his frustration. A couple weeks ago he was saying, "oh damages!" Then yesterday while trying to find shoes and get them on he kept saying, "oh gambit." I figure it will only be a matter of time before this turns into 'dambit' which for all intents and purposes is 'damn it'.

Another issue that I won't really talk about in detail is Jack's self-awareness. I knew this would happen and didn't really have feelings about it one way or the other. Still I suppose I figured it would be something Pete and I would share equally or that Pete would deal with more than me. Nope. Turns out Jack is more than comfortable to talk to me in great detail about his penis. Pete was around one day while one of these conversations was going on, and he was quite surprised that Jack pursued the issue more with me. Yup-- I am such an open, cool, and laid back mom.

Two of Jack's favorite tv shows are Dora and Handy Manny. I find it so interesting that two of the most popular tv shows for children involve Spanish speaking main characters. Will our children will look back on this time and wonder why we were so mean and unfair? Hmm... Now Jack goes around the house counting to 10 and saying colors in Spanish. He is working on a few other words and phrases they use often, and when he practices but knows it isn't quite right he will say, "I don't say that one correctly." Nope, but at least you are trying, and don't worry because you know how to use the word 'correctly' so I think your are doing just fine.


No comments: