Monday, August 30, 2010

showers and bikes


We went to Morehead this weekend to attend bridal showers for Cassie. We had a great time visiting and sharing this special time in her life. At the first shower she received so many kitchen gifts, and seemed so excited to cook for and set the table for her future husband. I recall having the same feelings at my showers, and now instead of excitement I say, "Really, I have to cook again? I have to set the table again? Didn't I just do that?" Haha. Oh how 5 years can change things. I know that 5 years isn't a lifetime, but you do loose that newlywed excitement. Don't feel sorry for me or Pete- we are still rocking it. Maybe cooking isn't my favorite thing every night, but I am glad every night that Pete is my husband and the father of my children. I would say that over the past 5 years we have fallen more and more in love. Ok-- time for the collective-- awww!!!!!

The second shower was a lingerie shower. This is something I can get behind. We were also we supposed to give advice to the bride to be. What advice am I supposed to give? Hmm... Well, I thought long and hard--- and I decided that the one thing that is very important to marriage is sex. I mean it seems like the most appropriate advice to give at a lingerie shower--right? The exact advice---that is a secret. Doesn't really matter because I am not worried about their future since I have seen them together and well, they have a great love and a great faith to get them through.


While in Morehead we saw these signs popping up around town--


Then when we got home we had a fun afternoon outside and here are a couple videos that you can watch-- if you have the time.


1 comment:

Nancy said...

Very sweet. All of it.