Friday, April 24, 2009

These things happened today

Jack stories:

Jack has a pair of black croc like shoes, he loves these. They were missing for a whole day. This morning Pete finds one of them on top of the mailboxes downstairs. This afternoon Pete came home for lunch, he and Jack are on our patio, Jack is wearing blue sandals, and tells Pete he wants to throw them off the patio like he did with his black shoes. Hmmm....... Pete goes outside and looks in the bushes beneath our apartment- he finds the other missing black shoe.

Jack was on the patio with Pete as he was grilling beer brats. I decided to change Jack's diaper while he was on the patio. Apparently I left the diaper on the balcony. Jack threw his dirty diaper off the side. Pete had to go get it off the sidewalk.

Today we went walking to the basketball court in our apartment complex. A man came out to shoot some hoops. Jack stood there watching. He then began to do commentary: He made it! Oh, Almost! He made it! Almost!! After this I decided we should probably go.

After attending aerobics for about three months now-- I felt the need to show off my talents to my husband. I showed him how I could now do a push-up ( a girl version) this is still a big deal because ever since he has known me I couldn't even do that. I also impressed him with my many ab exercises, even mastering ones he told me were really hard. Pshhh, not for an aerobics queen like me. Bring it on!

The following is not in any way meant to offend anyone. I am just surprised with how many people in the last few weeks have had questions about my son's name - his Christian name is John.

John-Jack ( John, a 1-syllable boy's name of Hebrew origin, means: The Lord is gracious; gift of God)

The most common type of nickname is the Diminutive, usually a shortened or otherwise altered version of one’s true name, such as Jim for James, Jack for John, Ted for Theodore or Betty for Elizabeth.

One of the most famous bearers of this name, John F. Kennedy, was known to friends and family as "Jack." John is a name with history stretching back far into Biblical times. However, during medieval times, the name John was altered slightly in the Germanic tongues to Jankin or Jackin. Out of that, we get the nickname Jack. (if you doubt google)

Etymologically, Jonathan is not a variation of John, but a longer version of Nathan. (Again, google if you have doubts)

No comments: