Monday, April 20, 2009

Spring Fest and other happenings

Wow I have been blogging a ton lately. Is it even interesting? Probably not, but I enjoy it. We went to Spring Fest on Saturday and had a blast! We parked in the same garage we use for church so Jack kept saying : No Church! No Church! Our first stop was to get on the BoilerMaker Special. This took us to the Aviation School where we got to see numerous planes and a helicopter take off!! Jack's favorite was the helicopter because :helicopter made wind blow really really hard. Jack's hat come off. Here are a couple pictures of us with the planes.


























Then we got back on the BoilerMaker Special to head to the main part of campus. Jack was already having the best day of his life. A train and airplanes!! Here is a picture of the three of us riding on the train.




















Back at school I had it all planned out as far as seeing bugs and looking at animals, but then we stumbled upon this.





















People who know my son well, know this is what life is all about! After playing on the tractors we had one painted on his face!




I can't imagine a more perfect day for little stinky even if I tried!

A few other notes of interest around here:
-Pete was picked by the graduate chair to teach the analysis bridge course to grad. students preparing to take their qualifying exams. (He actually got to pick between analysis and algebra). Pete may downplay it, but apparently people notice his smarts, and I am quite proud!

-Pete will have a very busy summer preparing for his Advanced Topics. He takes this in August. Once he is done with that then he and his adviser can start coming up with his thesis problem!

- My happenings are not near as interesting but here they are: I am working out 6 days a week and I like beer now! haha. I guess I need to work out if I am going to start drinking beer. Oh and I am going to be an aunt! My (our) first niece or nephew is due in October!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Yay! Go Pete! How impressive. You are both very humble, though, Becky! Working out 6 days a week is quite impressive - especially when you have a child. Well done!!!