Thursday, October 7, 2010

Smile vs. No smile

When you pull out the camera for Luke this is what you get:



When you tell Jack to smile this is what you get or some slight variation:



So in the end I just try to get Jack when he is staring with no real expression- at least I can see his eyes:



They are both so funny and so different. We finally moved Luke into his crib and there were no problems at all. He just fell asleep.

Jack has decided that sleeping in your own room is for the birds. He refuses to sleep in there. When I asked why he said: This is where I play and not where I sleep. I guess you can't really argue with that. So he waits until I am in bed (which means we are arguing about sleeping from like 8pm-10pm)then he sneaks out of his room gets blankets and falls asleep on the couch. He loves sleeping on the couch and actually does sleep out there. The other night I was curious as to whether it was the couch or just that he was worn out by the time he made it to the couch, so around 9pm I went into his room ( I knew he was still awake) and asked him he wanted to sleep on the couch now. He was pumped! He grabbed his Dino Dinners book and came out to the couch. I got things ready for him and asked if he wanted the main light dimmed or completely off. He said off. When I asked how he was going to read his book with the lights off he said: I have special eyes that can help me see in the dark.
I went in my room to read my magazine and about 15 minutes later checked on him, and the kid was out. I guess sleeping on the couch really does help him go to sleep.

Luke loves to spend time with Jack and Pete. If he is in the living room with me and the boys go into the bedroom it is only a matters of moments before Luke is doing his caterpillar crawl down the hall. Once in the room I always hear a baby whine/grunt until he gets picked up, then he is as happy as can be. I am always shut out of boy time-- even the 7 month old wants in on the action.

One boy is still high maintenance and the other is so chill and relaxed. I am amazed at how different they already are. Jack is constantly demanding attention and if you just hold Luke or give him a toy or food he is as happy as can be. He just sort of waits for you to dote on him (which I know is something we will have be conscience of as he gets older); Jack never ever waits for anything. Still, they are super cute together- Jack loves to help his brother, and Luke always gets a huge smile on his face when he sees Jack. So precious.

No comments: