Monday, October 25, 2010

our fall weekend

After being totally and completely lazy this fall I decided to jam pack our fall adventures into one weekend. I woke up Saturday raring to go. Stop one was the pumpkin patch. Below are a few pictures of what we did. I promise Luke was there too, and there are pictures- just not on here.







After this we did non-autumnal activites- bowling and arcade games on campus. Jack loves air hockey so we had to do it.

The next day we went to the botanical gardens. We missed the height of
color and leaves by a week or two but it was still gorgeous.







Then we went to get our apple ciders and chai teas. Next stop, home, for some pumpkin carving. Jack wanted no faces or scary monsters on his pumpkin--just his name. The deal was he had to help scoop out the goo on the inside or else it would become my pumpkin. After some protest he helped-- a little.






I have promised to make Halloween shaped sugar cookies as well as homemade caramel apples this week though I fear I may be aiming too high. We will see. We will definitely go trick-or-treating though. Be prepared to find pictures of a gronckle on here next week.

1 comment:

Dustin Family said...

What FUN adventures!! You are such an awesome mama!! I can't believe I missed your joy school post!! SO CUTE!!! I love, love LOVED it!! Cute kids! Good luck with the cookies and caramel apples. :)