Wednesday, July 28, 2010

swim/food

We have spent the last two weeks in swim lessons. I cannot honestly say that it went well at the beginning. It would not be a stretch to say it was miserable for everyone involved. Jack is very used to having mommy and daddy around all the time. We don't do babysitters, because well I don't trust them, and when we do go out, more often than not, we wait until Jack is asleep before having a friend come over. So parting with his parents to a class with absolutely no one he knows and three teachers he has never met was perhaps not the best idea, but it is something we have to do eventually, so we did. The first day he cried and cried and cried. The whole entire class he was sobbing. The next day was worse. He refused to go into the pool area. I was holding him and when I went to put him down he raised up his legs and refused to put them down. The little helper who is about 12 was in charge of him at first. I finally just walked away. Then I went around to the gate so I could watch, but this was not the best idea because he tried to squeeze between the gate posts to come out. He cried and cried. After my trying to talk to him through the gate ( in order to calm him down) I finally walked out of eyesight. Eventually the teacher, Ms. Emily, held him while she taught the rest of the class. He began screaming and kicking while in her arms. After the class he was so mad and upset that I had left him with those people he didn't know that he starting smacking my leg. I was so upset I asked if it would be a good idea to pull him from the class. They said they were willing to deal with him as long as I willing to bring him. [I would also like to note that after his first class we ran into friends waiting for the session after ours so I moved Jack to her class so that he would know at least one person]. Pete and I talk things over and decide Pete will take Jack the next few days and he will be in charge of the decision. Ok- I was glad it was out of my hands. Pete being far more objective and fair to Jack said he noticed a slight improvement. The next day was raining so they did a safety lesson and Jack was great for that part. Then the next day he asked me to come with him and daddy to swim lessons and let me tell you that child was AMAZING!! Now he loves loves loves swim lessons. He is so excited every single day to go. So here are some pictures of my amazing little swimmer.

He sure loves jumping

It was life jacket day-- they got to swim in the medium pool instead of the baby pool

Hanging out with Madeline



Success in the pool with Jack is not translating into success with Baby Luke. He had been sleeping through the night, but then one day he decided he was hungry in the early morning hours. So fine I feed him- I mean it is my job. This was fine and dandy until he decided that he was even hungrier. Ok I do it, but now I am starting to get annoyed. It isn't nice to toy with mommy like this-give her sleep and then take it away. Then he decides he is hungrier still. Ok that is it-- I am done with you little baby- it is time for a change. We decided to try rice cereal. Here are a couple pictures as to how that went down.




Just a little FYI-- Luke HATES rice cereal. I don't think any got into his tummy. The child was mad at us for even trying. We tried for about 2 weeks (not every day). We also bought formula. This is a huge big huge deal. We have never ever used formula before. I was a bit antsy about it, but my supply and what Luke needs is not compatible at all. Last night I told Pete he was in charge of feeding because I was not getting enough sleep at all. I feed Luke like normal, then Pete feeds him 5 oz later that evening, then I feed him at some point that night/morning because Pete was super groggy. Then I wake Pete up because Luke is hungry again-he eats 5 more ounces. Then around 8am this morning I feed him. The child is a little chunka munka. This morning it is decided- screw the rice cereal because that is not working. We are moving on to greener pastures-applesauce here we come.

No comments: