Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Learning in Hendo

I have learned that Dora has a huge effect on my son and can get him to do anything she wants. If she says- Say backpack or if she tells him to pull the rope or if she needs help figuring out where to go next Jack is right there for her doing whatever she asks. I am not sure that I like her having that much control over my child, but at the same time I am able to write this while sitting next to him without being asked too many questions. I fear Luke may enjoy it too. I put him in his playpen to sleep, but he has raised his head up in the direction of the tv. The beguiling vixen.

Jack is under the impression that a thermometer in your bottom is what gives you a fever. I took Luke's temperature yesterday and told Jack he had a fever. Jack looked at me and very seriously says- It is because you put the thermometer in his butt.

Apparently Jack had some trouble going to sleep last night. My brother called me into the bathroom and there were a variety of bottles and tubes lined up in a straight line. However, there was no mess. I decided to check out the other bathroom and noticed the toothpaste tube had no lid, but otherwise nothing. Well, on a mother's knowledge of her son, I went to check him out. I rolled him over, he was asleep by now, and saw that from chest down to left leg he was covered in pink toothpaste which was covered in some other sticky stuff. I tried to wake him up but he wouldn't stir. I decided I would just clean him off with a wet rag. I had to scrub and roll him from side to side, but that kid never ever woke up! Wow to sleep like that is amazing.

I have learned we need to emphasize asking other children their names. Jack just calls them boy or girl. Ex. We went to the children's museum and while Jack was playing with magnetic cogs a young boy came over and grabbed an armful. Jack looked at him and said- Don't take all of those boy!

I was watching a few episodes of The Closer Monday when Jack walked in and caught a glimpse of Kyra Sedgwick. He said- She is nice. When will she be back on? This is my favorite show.

Here are how J and L are looking these days.


No comments: