Saturday, July 24, 2010

Summer Reading

J completed his summer reading program at the library! He set of goal of having us read 20 books to him- which is very easily accomplished in this house. We wrote down all the books he/we read and here are a few: The Poky Little Puppy, Make Way for Ducklings, Another Monster at the End of This Book, The Little Red Caboose, The Walking Coat, and This is the House That Jack Built. He has also been having us read How to Train Your Dragon books. [He loves dragons and most of his play involves dragons.] At the library he got prizes for 5 book increments so first he got a coupon for an ice cream cone at DQ, then a frisbee, then a book, and finally a coupon for a meal at Chic-Fil-A. Plus, he got to sign up for all sorts of prize drawings: $100 savings bond, free birthday party at Monkey Joe's, Lightning McQueen scooter, Mix and Match Dinosaur book, ticket to a water park, and I think there was one more thing. The drawing is in August so keep your fingers crossed that he gets something. :P Oh and his name is on sea horse in the library for completing the program. Go J-Bone!!!.

I have been reading this summer too, which really should be no surprise. I have been reading: Let the Trumpet Sound (biography on MLK JR), The Devil in the White City, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl who Played with Fire, The Lion's Game, Eat, Pray, Love, and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time. (Reading this list now I feel like I may have told you some of this information before, but as reading is ever so important, I have no shame in telling you again plus adding on some of the newer additions to my list.)

Pete has even read two of my books: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and The Lion's Game. Plus, all of his chess and math books.

I should say that Luke has mostly been listening in on J's books, but sometimes he gets board books by Bill Martin Jr., Margaret Wise Brown, Sandra Boynton, and various other authors.

Next blog entry I plan on writing will be about swim lessons, but I feel like we need a few more days of them before I can fully explain. I know you are all holding your breath for that one.

1 comment:

spinflipdivided said...

Loved The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and I'm reading The Girl Who Played With Fire now. I thought Pete would like the second one more since she starts playing with math in it, but maybe I enjoy that more because I don't really know what she's studying. It might wind up frustrating him.