Monday, July 5, 2010

Our busy weekend

We have been a bit busy over the last few days. On Thursday we moved into a rental house. It is a nice change from a third floor apartment. The first day there Jack and I ate pizza in the front yard, and it was so quite minus the birds chirping- which was noticed by Jack who turned to me and said: ' I love to hear the birds sing.'

Friday was our 5th anniversary. It was celebrated against a backdrop of boxes up to our necks, a sense of chaos, and a little boy with a fever. I suppose after 5 years you have to expect life to get in the way- I mean that is why we said: I do- right? Even with all this, a friend still came over to watch the boys so Pete and I could get some dinner.

Saturday I realized my tiniest boy is teething!!!! He is still just a baby- a tiny baby-- tiny babies can't be teething. I am still hoping that this early stage of teething lasts a long time and that little tooth does not pop through for at least two months. It is possible right? He has been crying at night for no real reason, which doesn't match with his personality at all. I gently rubbed my finger over his gums and at first- nothing. Then I pushed a bit harder and felt a little bump where his bottom left tooth would be. I have also noticed the baby move of rubbing his tongue over that part of his gum.

Sunday afternoon Pete went out and bought sparklers and smoke bombs. As soon as he got home the boys went out and played. Jack loved them. He even lit a smoke bomb. Around 10pm Jack walked out of his bedroom, having avoided sleep all night, so we stood at the end of our driveway and watched the sky as our neighbors lit fireworks.


We were able to get a free washer and dryer through a friend, and it was so super nice of the couple to give it to us, and things were great until they weren't. The washer kept filling up with water and it never kicked on, and when I went to check on it I discovered that the water was leaking out of the bottom. Oh no. We unplugged it and cleaned up. The dryer was working until we half dried the clothes from the washer and then it just stopped. haha oh my. It was free- there had to be a reason- still it was nice of them to offer it because there was a chance they would work.

Jack has yet to sleep the whole night in his room, and this has had Pete sleeping on the floor in the living room. We bought Jack Toy Story curtains and a Toy Story poster to help make his room more friendly and fun. He does love them, but it hasn't helped with the sleeping issue. Since he has been sleeping in my bed he has been able to get up and move around at will in the morning, which he really hasn't done, except this morning when he left to climb on top of the counter to eat brownies!

The next couple weeks are going to be pretty busy and hectic as well. Pete is going to be gone for a couple weeks so it is going to be me and the boys-alone!! I think I can I think I can I think I can.


1 comment:

Carrie said...

You can do it!!!
Thinking of you and looking forward to seeing you during your KY trip!