Monday, April 26, 2010

In this week's news


We wait until the absolute last shred of clothing is gone ( for at least one person in the house) before we do laundry. If you take a look at the swim trunks, dog shirt, and boots you will see Jack ran out of clothes first this week. He wore that outfit to the laundry mat. Can we say--AWESOME! In the other pictures he got dressed and informed us he was daddy and was now going to school to study some math.

In other Jack news-- he has a major crush on the girl from- How to Train Your Dragon. It is a full on, gets really embarrassed, has to look at pictures of her crush. Keep in mind she is animated, but she isn't a car!

Mr. Luke is next on our list of people to talk about. He had a bit of a cold this week, and I totally flipped out, called the doctor, went in, and the whole bit just to have her tell me -um he has a cold you can't do anything for that. Which of course I know, but for some reason when a child is teeny tiny you can easily take the smallest thing and run with it. I mean Jack had the same cold and all I said to him was -quit licking your snot.

Luke went in for his two month check and is doing quite well. His height is in the 25th percentile while his weight is in the 75th percentile. The kid loves to eat. Apparently he is eating way more than he should be and thus all the spit-up. However, he is like a clock and every two hours he starts screaming and crying for food. I guess his is just a glutton.

While he loves to eat the one thing he does not enjoy -- sleep. They say some sort of nap or sleep schedule should be starting to emerge around now, and I should see some method to the madness. I don't. There is one time during the afternoon when, if you are lucky, you can get him to sleep for two hours, but you have to be lucky. He prefers to be awake and held. Sit him down and he cries. The only way he will sort of sleep is if he falls asleep while you are holding him and you keep him in your arms! He got his shots today and is currently knocked out-- so this is a welcome change because I am not holding him. Maybe it will be the start of something new.

Pete and Becky news: We are still looking for a place to live. We have an appointment tomorrow. It is in the same townhouse complex as the one we liked earlier, but this one is owned by different people. They said they take dogs.- we will have to wait and see if large dogs count as dogs.

I have been going to aerobics about 3 times a week and have been trying to eat less. I will say that while I do get hungry I am thinner. I am currently wearing pants that are some of the smallest in my closet.

Pete is still plugging away at school. He is on a grant this summer so no teaching again-- yay!! He is still playing WOW- in case anyone was wondering. Plus, he is indoctrinating our son with the news according to Jon Stewart. Jack is a big fan now- really.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Finally starting to see some Weigel in Little Luke