Tuesday, April 6, 2010

And so it goes...

Today has been a bit rough in the trying to get my children to sleep department. After many failed attempts I finally succeeded and came over to the computer to get stuff done when the power in our place keeps going on and off and on and off. Grr.... I think things are on track now- let's hope.

Jack's been pretty funny lately here are a few snippets of conversation:

- Pete: That game isn't funny
Jack: I laughed
Pete: That doesn't make it funny

-Becky: What book do you want to read?
Jack: There are too many options.
Becky: You're right. What about book "A" or book "B"
Jack: How about Books " C and D"

-Jack: Woman stop saying so many words ( this said to his dear mother)

Then there was this scenario with Pete on Easter:
Jack falls and hits his head, starts crying and wants a kiss. I am cooking so Pete offers to kiss it. Jack tells him that he does not have the best kisses and only mom has the best kisses. Then it is decided that Pete can kiss one spot but mom has to kiss all the spots. When asked what spot Pete can kiss Jack tells him he can kiss this spot, grabs the Cheez-It box, and hands it to Pete.



Jack got a Leapster Click-Start for Christmas. He was not all too interested in it at the time-- I mean he did gets cars too what was I thinking. Anyway, over the last few days he has asked to play with it every day. I am amazed at the difference a few months makes because he used to have no clue how to use the mouse-it was just way too much for him. Now he is fairly adept. Also, he used to demand that I sit by him the whole time and watch-- now he could care less. I have a picture of what his pre-teen and teen years will look like.





Potty training is going well. He wears diapers at night and that is going to continue for awhile-- I am no where near ready to tackle that monster. He will go out in public and he goes here with very few accidents. I still have to remind him every hour or two. I am pretty pleased with the results so far.

On Easter Pete sat the boys on the couch and took many many shots of them. This one gives you a taste of what all the others were like:



Here is a better picture of Luke a few days before Easter-



Today is Pete's birthday and Jack got him purple pens. For a month Jack has been talking about getting Pete purple pens. I have no idea why but that is exactly what Pete got. We are also getting sushi tonight- this is a treat because no one else here eats it, so he doesn't get it as often as he would like.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love your new background!
Jack is sooo funny! I love the Cheez-it box kiss. :)
Happy b-day, Pete! I hope you all enjoy your evening!