Sunday, January 24, 2010

what's going on here


Jack wants at least two of every character from the movie- Cars. I guess we have made it pretty clear that we aren't going to buy them for him, so Ms. Sally is going to buy them for him. Every day he asks to go to the grocery store, Wal-mart, or Target so he can wait for Ms. Sally. Apparently she is going to meet us and then buy him all the cars he wants. When we get to the store he picks out all the cars he wants and then we just stand there for 10 minutes or more waiting for Ms. Sally to come. We can't put them away because then she wouldn't know which ones to get. When we finally say ok well if Ms. Sally isn't here in two minutes we have to leave- he just breaks down. This happened shortly after this picture, he is no longer allowed to go to the grocery store. Pete took him to Target the next day. and Jack almost broke down until Pete reminded him how horrible it would be to be banned from Target as well. He talks about this all the time! I bought him a Ms. Sally and Lightening McQueen to give him after the baby is home, but part of me doesn't want to give it to him for fear that this will only perpetuate his obsession.

So we haven't overly publicized the new baby's name, but we have known it since well before we were ever pregnant. His name will be Luke, and as with Jack, it appears we have picked one of the most popular names of the year. We picked out this name a long long time ago when very few people were talking about this name, but now that we get to use it everyone is naming their child Luke or Lucas. The lady at Qdoba asked what we were naming the baby, and when we told her she informed us she was pregnant as well and was naming her baby Lukas. With a K because she has issues with Lucas Oil Stadium. Interesting. I would think that if you disliked Lucas Oil Stadium, so much that you would alter the spelling of your child's name, then you probably wouldn't name your child Lucas/Lukas at all. I mean if you wanted to stick it to them you could name your kid- Tom Brady or Gillette. Whatever.

As far as the Colts go-- Yay for our return to the Super Bowl! Now I just want to state for the record that Pete and I are partially responsible for this-- yes we are. When they won the Super Bowl last, I was pregnant with Jack. Now they are going again and I am pregnant-- you can say that is a coincidence but really I know it is more. :)

We have been reading Fox in Socks and there is a line that says- Come now come now you don't have to be so dumb now. When asked what dumb was Pete informed Jack that it meant you can't or won't speak/talk. I gave him a look because I knew what was going to happen. He just looked at me and goes - What? That is what it means. So today Jack was talking to me and said- Mommy you are being dumb. I looked at him and go- Excuse me? Jack: What, that just means you won't talk. Thanks Pete!

No comments: