Thursday, December 4, 2008

Trip to KY


Jack standing in front of our Merry Christmas Tree


Pete and Jack with Will


Me with some of my sisters and my brother



Jack with some of his aunts and his uncle


We went to visit my family for Thanksgiving. My sister, Alicia, made our meal. It wasn't huge, but we don't need huge, and we still had tons of leftovers. Alicia has been in charge of Thanksgiving for the last 4 years, and maybe even 6. She does a great job--thank you!!

Pete decided that a puzzle was needed that weekend, so he bought a 1,000 piece puzzle. Friday-Sunday we had the puzzle on the card table and worked on it on and off the whole weekend. Sunday we weren't finished but it was time to go home. I thought that we should just leave it in Henderson, but Pete thought we should take it home. It was heartbreaking to see him put all our hard work into a plastic bag. Now we would have to start all over again. We get back to IN and for two maybe three nights we work on the puzzle completing all but 100-200 pieces then Pete switches gears completely. Let me explain. Pete comes home from school and says we should buy a game for the PS2(we don't own a PS2). I say, "Ok what game?" He tells me just a game and we head off to the EA sports store. Once there I ask him the important question that he assumed to take for granted- "How are you going to play this game and what game?" He answers," Danny has a PS2 and street fighter." Well I wasn't real sure that Danny had a PS2 because I thought he upgraded and so after some discussion it was decided we should call some people to find out. It turned out that Danny does not have a way to play this game. We come home to our unfinished puzzle taking up the whole of the dinner table, and Pete gets on the computer and finds a way to play Street Fighter. Bedtime rolls around, I head off to bed, and Pete stays up playing this game. I wake up the next morning to find him still in bed. This is very unusual because Pete heads off to school very early. This led me to ask the all important question, "What time did you come to bed last night?" He says," 1:30am." This is why we do not own any sort of gaming system.

No comments: