Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful







Today we took a little time to think about what we are thankful for. I took a picture of our door because that is where we put our thankful turkeys. Jack was thankful for vacuums, school buses, forts, and baby elephants. Pete was thankful for me, Jack, Tigran, rhinos, and forts. I was thankful for the generic stuff that people always say they are thankful for: husband, son, dog, family, and friends.

However, if I thought about it a little more I would be thankful for the phrase: "mommy come." The fact that my son loves me so much and wants to spend as much time with me as he can warms my heart. I always always try to look at this time with him as precious. In what will probably feel like a few short years he will not want me to come, he will want me to leave. That thought already breaks my heart, so every single time he says that phrase I just melt and give in and come.

The other thing I am thankful for is what a great dad Pete is. As I was cleaning up in the kitchen tonight Pete and Jack were playing some sort of combination of hide and seek and daddy monster. Pete was making noises and crawling on the floor, and Jack was laughing, screaming, and running down the hall. To hear the sound of father and son laughing, playing, and just enjoying one another is truly a blessing.

So the other pictures are just from some of our favorite things: Daddy and Jack in a fort today, Jack's huge smile when he laughs, and Jack when he said "mommy come" and then we were about to do "cheers".

No comments: