Thursday, December 11, 2008

pee pee

I didn't see the harm in letting our son go commando. He really enjoyed it and seemed to be in better spirits while naked. It went over so well that the next night he asked if he could once again be naked. I saw no problem since the night before went smoothly.


Jack has decided that being naked is so much better than wearing a diaper. For the past week our son has been naked every evening and even some afternoons. We have had a few incidents. One night Jack went into a tight space and peed. Later on he went back to the same small space. When asked what he was going do to, the reply was poop. I sat him on his potty. He was fine as long as I was sitting on my potty. ( he did not poop).


Another evening he was in the hall and peed just a little. I told him he either had to go sit on his potty or wear a diaper. He ran a little further down the hall and peed a tiny bit more. This time sort of smiling at me. I told him it was time for a diaper and he ran right in front of the bathroom door and peed just a little bit more. I scooped him up and sat him on his potty. We sat there for 3-5 minutes. Nothing. He stands up, looks at me, smiles, then urinates on the floor.


Perhaps I should have gotten the point that night.


I went to get Jack after his nap and he was diaperless. I figured fine, he can run around like that while I finish what I am doing. Shortly, I hear the door to my bedroom close. I go in there a few minutes later and he is in a small space, just sitting there and reading some books. I begin to notice a smell. Yes, he pooped. Here is probably where I should have put his diaper on. My line of reasoning was: he already peed and pooped so we are good for a little while.


An hour passes, yes I let him stay naked for another hour, he runs into his room and closes the door. I run after him and ask him what he is going to do. He looks at me and says: pee. I grab a diaper and go after him. He runs behind the Christmas tree and pees. I got the point and put a diaper on him.


I just hope this doesn't start a marking war between Jack and Tigran.

No comments: