Wednesday, May 22, 2013

see that mommy

When you live in a small college town they wait until summer to fix all the roads, and every summer they shut down half the town in order to get things ready for the college students come August. Thomas happens to be at just the right age to think this is the most awesome thing in the world. Driving anywhere at all in town takes us by dump trucks, excavators, cranes, loaders, jackhammer trucks, and goodness only knows what else. Almost every second of our car ride goes like this- Thomas: See That? Mommy see that? See that?  Mommy: yes, do you see that?

Here are some of the things we see.




Jack's school is a 15-20 minute walk to Columbian Park and every year they walk to the park and spend the day going to the zoo, riding the train around the pond, and playing at the playground. I chaperoned and only had three kids in my group, and one was my son, but trying to keep all three in the same part of the park and zoo required much skill on my part. I didn't lose any of them though and I think they all had a really fun time. Here are some pictures of the field trip.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember taking Cyndi's kids to watch the machines. We would get our lunch and sit in the car and watch the men work. Fond memories.