Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Some Luke Antics

Coming back from Christmas break meant back to reading to Jack's class. Pete had taken the car but promised to be back in time. Well the time he promised to be home came and went. I was getting antsy and the two younger boys wanted to go upstairs to play, but I didn't want to go upstairs with them since I needed to be out the door as soon as Pete got home. I tried to call his phone but it was dead. I relented and let the boys go upstairs unsupervised. The moment I saw the car pull in I met him outside. When I got home Luke greeted me at the door completely naked. Thomas followed and had what looked like a bruise or perhaps a cut above his eye. Amazed at the craziness of this scene I looked up at Pete and asked--'What happened here?' Turns out when I tagged off on parenting duties I didn't do my job of informing Pete where Luke and Thomas were and what they were doing. He assumed they were sleeping and took Tigran out to use the bathroom, which took some time, sat down for a minute, and then heard noises upstairs. Wondering what those noises were, since his boys were asleep, he checked. He soon found out they were not asleep and they had not been the whole time he was home. What they had been doing was in fact far more fun than sleeping- they had been putting my makeup on each other. From what Pete says--quite a lot: two new lipsticks and one new mascara. He was startled by their beauty and realized they would need a bath- their second of the day. So when I got home Luke was naked from recently getting out of the tub and the bruise on Thomas's face was left over lipstick.

 Luke has once again decided that he is going to be a big boy and not a baby. He informed us that he now likes Diego instead of Dora because Dora is for babies and Diego is for big boys. However, to show his inner struggle he asked if he could drink out of a baby cup while he watched his big boy show. He is once again attempting potty training. He just wakes up and decides he wants to try it and he does an awesome job for about a week or two then he stops. So now we are doing it again and he is becoming better at it-he will just go and not even ask us for help, but of course there are certain things he does need help with, so if I know he will need my help I check on him. Today I went to check on him and he was wiping himself and was very proud of this fact. I was too until I noticed that he was using a wet wipe and there are no wet wipes upstairs. Taking it from him I quickly realized that he had gone under the sink and found the Clorox disinfecting wipes. Luckily, all that has happened is some minor skin irritation that is uncomfortable. Though a slightly disturbing side note-when I went to Google to see if I should be worried I discovered that anal bleaching is a very popular thing right now. WHAT?!! Why in the world would you want to do that? Who sees that even? Yuck.

 Luke has never had a real mischievous streak. That is more Jack's thing and I can tell Thomas has it, but Luke, not so much. He has been mimicking Pete and I using his bogey as the baby or kid. Normally this is cute stuff like wrapping it in a blanket, singing it songs, kissing it, reading to it, but last night when I was straightening up after dinner and the boys were supposed to be brushing their teeth, I heard Jack get quite upset, and it turns out that Luke thought bogey needed a bath. He turned the water on in the tub and put his bogey underneath. I will admit bogey did need a bath ( in the washing machine because Luke also put make-up on bogey) but this not quite what I had in mind.

Luke putting bogey to bed and giving it kisses

Jack wrote me a note-- so sweet!

Family technology time

Thomas taking a little time read





No comments: