Friday, January 18, 2013

Boys are emotional too

I have learned that boys aren't free from being emotional. Girls get a bad rap for being overly dramatic, but I am here to tell you that girls don't have the copyright on that. I have three lovely boys that done lost their minds.

 Thomas is in a screaming temper tantrum phase. An example- he and Luke were eating waffles and oranges for breakfast. The waffles were gone but there were still oranges. Thomas thought Luke still had waffles and he wanted them. Once I told him no he just screamed as loud as he could, looked at me and screamed again. To emphasize his point he pushed his plate away, threw his cup, screamed, brought his plate and cup back towards himself only to push it away again. He looked at me to see my reaction and since I was ignoring him he screamed even louder and began to throw the food off his plate onto the floor. This is a fairly average response to anything that makes him mad.

Luke is in a crying phase. He cries over anything and everything for no reason. He wants juice, I give him juice and he cries, I take it back, he cries, I return it  he cries, and so it goes. Last night I go to clear his plate, he cried, I asked if he wanted the food, he said no but still wanted the plate, I gave it back to him, he cries-- I had no idea what to do. 

Jack sometimes gets in these moods where he says why do you make me....., why do you always...., and you had better..... .  Last night this mood was extreme. I asked him to turn off angry birds in 2 minutes and he asked me why I always make him turn off his game immediately. This then progressed into telling me I had better make dinner that he likes otherwise he won't eat it. Once we were eating dinner he told me it was the most disgusting thing ever-- it was spaghetti. Things went downhill.

Of course, it all happened at the same time while Pete was studying and I was home with the boys. The trifecta-Thomas was screaming, Luke was crying, and Jack had attitude. I decided it was a margarita kind of night once the boys went to bed. Don't think you are free from drama if you have boys--it turns out that all kids are dramatic.

No comments: