Thursday, December 13, 2012

What-- this isn't Friday the 13th?

 Jack has been practicing all week for the Advent program tonight. I was going to be that crazy mom taking loads of pictures and videos as her baby sang his heart out-- or just mouthed the words. We had some time to kill so Pete made a fort for the boys. Before long there was a crash, a scream, crying, and blood. We have a coffee table and it was partially in the fort, what happened next I am not so sure and I was watching. Jack ducked down and when he came back up his lower eye/check was cut, bleeding, and immediately became the size of a goose egg with a nice bluish black tinge. Pete grabbed him and took him upstairs while giving me instructions to get ice, band aids, gauze, and etc. They got it all taken care of but by morning his eye will be nothing but a slit. We called Granny and Pappy to see what we might do to help with the swelling. We were instructed to give ibuprofen and, after hearing the description, super glue it. This is where Jack got pretty upset.We didn't have any peroxide but we had rubbing alcohol so we attempted to clean it this way, but it burned so much that Jack just lost it, started screaming, thrashing around, and cried so much that his cut started bleeding again. Then we diluted the rubbing alcohol and I sat him in my lap while Pete cleaned it and then applied the super glue. He was pretty frantic so we sent him upstairs to relax. He was out in minutes. This meant that his Advent program was a no go. After he woke up from his nap I also noticed he has a pretty nice sized bruise/welt on his forehead too.



 
Once Jack was napping and Thomas was put down for bed it was just me and Squeeze. He was being mopey so I began to load the dishwasher. Luke came in to chat and Tigran came in to help clean the dishes. Tigran leaned over the bottom dishwasher rack to lick up some tasty treat when his collar became attached. He tried to get it off but this just made things worse. Tigran began shaking his head back and forth, running in circles and this made the dishes fly across the kitchen. Luke started screaming and crying. Just when I was about to help him out the rack fell to the floor and Tigran ran upstairs as fast as he could. Here is a small glimpse of what happened.

Later I went to run the disposal and a spoon flew out of the sink and nearly missed my face. So needless to say it was an eventful night. I can't believe that it was Thursday the 13th and not Friday the 13th.

No comments: