Thursday, November 4, 2010

the crap hits the floor

The past two mornings I have been stirred out of slumber by a 3-year-old moaning in my bed. This wouldn't be so bad, but it is a bit disconcerting when you are still 85% asleep and have no idea the person next to you is a kid and not your husband. Our bed is small so when Jack decides to sleep with me good old Pete gets the boot. Back to the moaning child, Jack has some sort of stomach virus going on and it presents itself in what we are calling exploding butt. He wakes up and attempts to hold in the explosion because he fears going to the bathroom will wake Pete, this only makes his stomach hurt, so I have spent the last two mornings trying to convince him it is ok to go to the bathroom. Today this was a sign of what was to come.

Jack goes to the bathroom-- we have to change clothes. Luke goes to the bathroom--we have to change clothes. Finally things are going pretty well, and we actually have plans to leave the house. Ok, so off we go to the library, and just as we finish checking out our books Luke opens his mouth to spit up everything he had inside. They gave me paper towels, and I cleaned up our mess. Then Jack and I have a date with some Phd student who is observing mother/child interactions in real world settings. We head to the park. We play and play, it starts to rain ice, and Jack's hands get cold, but we made some bank so this is good. Next we are at a friend's house when I hear-- Mooommm...... he never made it to the bathroom. We go to Wal-Mart in borrowed pants and no underwear- he didn't seem to mind. Shortly after we make it home Luke has a distinct odor coming from him; he had a butt explosion and was in need of a clothing change. Pete left his phone at home so there was no way of knowing when he'd be back. Luke's bedtime came and went and still no Pete. Then there is a knocking at the window-dear hubby is home. We decided to use some of my newly hard earned money to buy dinner. Dinner tasted like it had been enhanced with all sorts of unnatural stuff and was in fact not good. Jack gets to take a bath with Pete entertaining him while I just chill in the other room-- I mean there had been a lot of poop today I needed a break. I hear, "It's ok bud. We all poop." I knew then something had happened. I found out that Jack made it as far as out of the tub. Poor kid. Poor Pete.

I figure when you are a mom some days are just 'shitty'.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Wow, I just found your blog and I have to say - you totally made me feel better about my day. Man, sorry. Hopefully tomorrow brings a whole lot less poop.

Carrie said...

Oh Becky! God bless you!!!
I hope the poopie problem clears up soon!!!

Mark and Tamri said...

I feel your pain...

Tiffany Alldredge Smith said...

Someday you're going to look back on this and laugh....ok maybe not. Somethings you just can't laugh about. I hope Jack gets better soon!!

Unknown said...

Hope you have a poop free weekend.