Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy

It has been pretty dreary around here today, so I thought that I would think of things that have made me happy in the last week.

- I got pictures of my boys taken. Jessica took these pictures for us, and if you visit her website you can see more.








-We bought tickets to see Wicked in Louisville! Shortly after we lost Owen we went to NYC, and wanted to see Wicked ( that was in 2006) but for whatever reason it didn't work out. We saw Phantom instead, which was great, but ever since then we have been dying to see Wicked. Now we get to!!! It will be an anniversary present to each other- a couple months early.

-In related news we have decided to eat dinner at the Bristol. We thought about this long and hard. We debated a nicer more upscale restaurant, but then we decided on a local favorite. Going to the Bristol and KCA in the same night will be very reminiscent of the first time we both realized there might be something between us. Prior to this evening we were bantering partners at lunch and nothing more, that night we both let down our walls and things haven't been the same since. The Bristol is also were my cousin hosted my bridal luncheon, where my friends and I went to eat as part of my bachelorette party, and it reminds me of all my good friends with whom I have shared a meal.

- We went to the Farmer's Market. It is still a little too early in the year to get much, but I enjoy going. We bought bread and granola, both are very good. I am actually eating the granola right now.

-For Mother's Day Pete made eggs, I got lilies and sandals, we spent the morning playing war and go fish with Jack, and then naps were had by all. That afternoon we got energy( Jack calls drinks/smoothies his energy). I got a polar pop, something I have given up in an effort to lose weight, and then we got a smoothie for everyone to share. Our smoothie had gogi berry, kiwi, and mango-- Jack loves fruit with silly names. Smoothie in hand we walked to campus, Jack and Pete slayed so many dragons, and then we stopped by the 'math' fountain. It was a very relaxing day.

-I have been enjoying Riesling. I am naturally a Cabernet drinker. I love Cabernet and drink it all the time no matter the food choice. ( I know it is not something a connoisseur does, but I like what I like). Still, I have been wanting something a bit lighter and fruitier to drink so we brought home a Riesling and drank the whole bottle that night. ( Please note the we and not I in that sentence). A couple weeks later we bought another and it was just as good. I am happy to have a light wine to drink during these sunny spring days.

- Tuesdays. Frankly nothing more should have to be said about this. I know many of you know why this is the best day of the week. We have made it our date night. Pete makes sure to have all studying out of the way, the kids are asleep, the popcorn is made, drinks are out, and the tv turned on. It is the best night of the week. On Mondays we always have a moment where we look at each other and say- Do you know what tomorrow is? On Tuesdays I often look at Pete and say- You will study during the day right? You know what tonight is?

It is the little things-- the breathing in and out and in and out (counting crows)



2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wicked and the Bristol - sounds like a great early anniversary to me!!! You kids have fun!!!
The pics turned out amazing! :-)

Unknown said...

Good for you two having date nights! Important part of marriage!!