Thursday, December 10, 2009

Taking time to de-stress



I have looked back over the last month and realized I have been stressed and pretty negative in my outlook. It is time to snap out of it and enjoy the Christmas season. I need to take a lesson from Matthew 11:28-30- "Come to me, all you that are weary and are carrying heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

Jack and I have gone to the library and discovered a few new favorites- at least for now:
Cows Can't Fly by David Milgrim
Katy and the Big Snow by Virginia Lee Burton
Red Light, Green Light by Margaret Wise Brown
The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant

Today we have been watching these children's Christmas movies since it is very cold-
A WowieBOZowee Christmas
The Very First Noel
Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Frosty the Snowman

We made slow-cooking some habanero chili and are about to make some peanut butter cookies and perhaps hot chocolate.

Jack is in love with our Christmas tree. The first thing he does every morning is plug it in and as soon as we get home he plugs it in. At night he just stares at it and says that it is awesome.

Last weekend I was able to have a few friends over to watch a movie and this weekend Pete and I get to go out together, so we are excited about that. I hope I don't feel too rushed since a friend is watching Jack while we are gone( it was very nice of him to agree to do it.) We don't often have people watch Jack, so it always stresses me out a little because I feel like we should hurry back. However, I am looking forward to our night out.

No comments: