Thursday, June 25, 2009

the misadventures of our son



When dealing with a 2-yr. old you often get a mixed bag. You experience the good, bad, and ugly! The above pictures are of the good. This week we went to a water park for Father's Day, a pool for playgroup, the fountains (just for fun), and we took the Johnny Tractor out for a ride.

The bad list consists of things like: running away from me in a parking lot, bothering our already neuorotic dog, throwing fits, and general two-year-old stuff.

The ugly list this week really only consists of one thing, but I think it should be mentioned. It starts out this way: I went into the bathroom because Jack is whining mommy, mommy,mommy! It doesn't take much time at all to notice the thing I have been telling him for two weeks not to do has been done. He took the small bottle of baby oil I keep on the sink (it removes my eye make-up) and poured it everywhere! Floor, sink, toilet, and himself. I grab a towel and start cleaning it all up. I can't find the bottle. I ask him where it is and he answers- potty. I look in the potty and it isn't there. I look in the garbage can, under the sink, behind the potty, in the shower but there is no bottle. I ask again. Again he says, potty. Ok so I stick my hand in there and I can't feel it. I flush the toilet to see what happens. The water slowly rises all the way to the brim and before it can spill over it slowly recedes back down. Hmm... This doesn't look good. We go to the office and tell them. They send a guy over and he tells us there is nothing in the toilet and instead it was the flapper. I can tell you right now I don't buy this because Jack is sticking to his story. However, for the rest of the night the toilet works fine. The next morning is a different story. I use it, flush it, and water just pours out of the toilet. I plunge and instead of helping it appears I made it worse. Now there is a waterfall coming out of our toilet. I turn the water to the toilet off. Oh my. They send two guys over and after snaking tell me: it appears there is something in there. Nice. Didn't I tell them that very thing yesterday? So they have to remove the toilet but these two guys can't do it. A new pair of men come in and they try what looks like an industrial grade snake first. Then they seem to acquiesce and take the toilet off. They take it outside, and I watch them snake it, flip the thing over, stick their hands in there, shake it, and who knows what else before they carry it away. A few minutes later they come upstairs holding the bottle of baby oil. I should mention that it was just the bottle they carried-not the toilet. Next they say: In order to get this out we had to smash the toilet. Nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a funny kid! Ok, maybe not so funny now, but that is one story you'll be telling years from now.