Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thank you St. Anthony

I pray to St. Anthony weekly-if not more. For anyone who doesn't know, St. Anthony is the finder of lost things. He always always comes through for me. I rely heavily on this little rhyming prayer I learned in Sunday School- I don't know how adult-like it is, but since it has worked thus far I am not changing anything. Here is my prayer- Tony Tony turn around something's lost and must be found. Then I begin to tell him what I lost. I am not real sure I should be calling him Tony, but as often as I pray to him I figure we must be on a first name basis by now.

Well, as you may or may not know we have been really into "Shrek" lately. Jack watches the first 35-40 minutes of the movie and then he is done with it-- he wants to start it over and watch the same 35-40 minutes again. I guess after they save the princess it is just boring. Anyway, he was done with it and wanted to start it over-- which for him means getting it out of the dvd player and then putting it back in. The process got interrupted by daddy when I wasn't looking, and lunch was served. Later I was putting things away and noticed that the movie container was empty. I suppose that I had various emotions, but the one that won out was-- oh my, do you know what kind of tantrum is going to be thrown if I don't find this movie?
I began an earnest search of the apartment. I looked everywhere I could think of and anywhere he has been known to hide things. I of course prayed my rhyming prayer and began the search again. Jack began to realize what I was doing and did get upset-- in fact breaking the thermos we just bought Pete only hours before. I finally sat in the chair thinking- hmm... St. Anthony when are you going to help me?
Jack at this point was putting a random movie into the dvd player. The dvd player, I might add, I opened and closed like 5 times, the dvd player I opened and then tried to look inside of with little success. He put his movie in and pushed it back as far as he could, then got a second movie and was about to put it in the dvd player as well, when I had a thought. I moved him out of the way, took out the first movie, stuck my fingers inside the dvd player and there it was grazing the tips of my fingers. Way to go St. Anthony!! We love you in this house!! You are the patron saint of the Weigel house that is for sure.

No comments: