Saturday, October 25, 2008

Again...

Jack is sick and has been sick for over a week.  The first two days of his sickness it was quite obvious he was sick-no energy, very lovey, high fever, etc.  After the first couple days though he was able to get around and move but still would get the fever at random times throughout the day and then a cough developed.  Well it has been 9 days since this all started and he has so much more energy-yelling, running, playing, etc., but still that fever will randomly pop up at unexpected times and his cough just keeps on rattling.  

When dealing with a sick child you do what you can to comfort them and let them sit on the couch and snuggle with you-if need be.  The first two days of sickness I decided that we could watch a movie.  I mean really what could be the harm in a movie---- I wish I had known.  
I picked Shrek for our movie the first two days.  There is a donkey, catchy contemporary jokes, an ogre, and a dragon-- I figured it had everything.   Apparently, I was right.  It has been 9 days and for the last 9 days I have watched Shrek every single morning or afternoon.  Seriously.  Do you remember when you had a favorite movie and loved to watch it and it never seemed to get old or lose interest?  Do you remember that after awhile your mom either put you in a room far away from her while you watched or she tried to deter you from watching that movie one more time?  No-- you probably don't, but I guarantee you it happened.  Jack knows all their names:  Shrek, Donkey, Fee-no-na,  Mirror, and Dragon.  He proceeds to tell you their names over and over again, he knows which container it comes from, and he knows how to put it in the dvd player,  and he asks for it every single day.  I say no and deter him for an hour or two but in the end Shrek always seems to win out.    We happen to own Shrek 2 as well-- let me tell you that is no substitute for the original.  That only lasted 10 minutes and now we are back to the original Shrek.  

No comments: