Monday, July 7, 2008

A Few Random Things

Pete and I had our 3 year anniversary on July 2nd.  We dropped Jack off with our friends-Mark, Tamri, and their daughter Elsie-and we headed off to dinner.  We were dressed up to the nines and headed to this restaurant that we knew very little about.  Once there we noticed tons of people in jean shorts, there was no hostess, and there were babies-- not a good sign.  After waiting for a minute or so a very sweaty man showed us to our seats.  We sat there and waited and waited and waited- no waitress showed up so we left.  So we walked to the restaurant we knew we liked, but once we got there we noticed a sign saying it was closed until July 6th.  So we walked to another place, once there we noticed they had big screen tvs- again not what we had in mind.  We were running out of places to try, Lafayette isn't very large after all.  So we finally tried one more place - Maize American Grill.   It ended up being very good.  

Jack is in love with Elsie-- he follows her around like a puppy dog.  Apparently he couldn't stop kissing her while Pete and I were on our date.  He has started hugging her constantly and invading her personal space.  Sometimes she doesn't mind, but mostly she is very aggravated that he won't stop touching her.  He gives her all of his toys and tries to just sit next to her no matter what. I don't think he understands the concept of playing hard to get or acting macho to impress girls.  He just wants to give her what she wants and be near her-- hmmm- I am not sure what this means for the future.  As far as their "make-out" session we warned him that this is fine for now but in a couple years he shouldn't be surprised to see Mark waiting with a shotgun.  

I've been toying with the idea of expanding our family.  It is something I have been going back and forth with for awhile now.  Just when I would decide yes we should something inside me said no not now wait, and then things would go back in the other direction.  About three weeks ago we decided to go for it-- however--I just got my period.  Now I am sorry if this is entirely too much information, but it does affect things.  I am not someone who ovulates on a regular basis so the very fact that 3 weeks ago I made this decision and then I get my period means I decided at the correct time to try and expand our family but somehow or another it just didn't work out. I was quite devastated.  The last time I ovulated was in November-that was 8 months ago.  Who knows when it will happen again--it is very disheartening.   Pete tells me to remember that we have never had any control over this process, and we have been clearly shown that time and again.  He told me to trust that God knows when it will be best for us to have another baby and when it is time he will bless us with another pregnancy.  This I know but it is still hard.

No comments: