Friday, November 16, 2012

They said what about me

Now I know that most of the time if you see me in public with my kids, especially all of them, it looks like I don't have it together, and I probably don't, but on the day I do have it together and I hear that it looks like I don't, well I have some choice words for you. PS. they aren't nice words.

I guess I factor in the fact that my kids are in fact kids. They are not Victorian Era kids and they are not children growing up in a Communist country, they are good old Midwestern kids. They will not always be quiet, ok my kids will never be quiet, and they will not always stand still or know the exact right thing to say to adults, but so what really? I am the first one to laugh at my ineptitude but when I wasn't expecting it, when I thought the kids did really well, when someone says it seems like I can only handle one of them at a time and I still can't figure out what would cause them to make that comment. There are moments, experiences, and times when it feels like I can only handle one at a time, there are stories that have filled up this blog that show you that I get that, but they were really good and they listened to me and they talked to a stranger, well Jack did, and then they spoke to an adult they hadn't seen in about a year and the whole time were very good. People who have forgotten that kids are not tiny adults make me quiet frustrated. Yes, sometimes I wish my kids were tiny adults but then again no not really. We'd miss out on so much if they were.

So for people interested in what my crazy kids have been up to here you go:

Luke has worn this costume every day for about month. He has started wearing it to bed too.

no fear- he is the first one who has tried to slide off the side of the playground structure.

Uncle D came to town

woke up to find Jack teaching Luke how to play yahtzee.

the toy asked for a hug so Thomas obliged him

I ignored this poor child while I exercised so he showed me

Jack likes to sneak my camera and take about 20 pictures of himself

No comments: