Thursday, August 18, 2011

From Facebook to Blog


I have posted the following things on facebook but felt they should be written down for posterity on the blog. I go to the doctor on the same day and at the same time for every appointment then I head to the grocery store while Pete is at home with the kids. There is a cashier, a women probably in her 50s or early 60s, that I usually go to because she is faster than the kids. A couple weeks ago she started talking to me about the size and positioning of my uterus. It was uncomfortable for me and I sent Pete to the store the next time we needed to go. Then this week I go again after my appointment but go to a different cashier-problem solved right? No! She saw me and walked over to help bag my groceries and talk to me about when I am due and how dilated I am then she encouraged me to keep walking. Oh my!! I think I am done going to the grocery store.

Pete posted this on his facebook but not everyone is friends with him and it is pretty funny. He took Jack to throw frisbees near campus and a policeman was there in his car with his window rolled down. He saw Jack, nodded, and said, 'Morning'. Jack obviously feeling guilty about something responds with a loud-Yikes! This is following an incident a few months ago where he was throwing rocks near a car and Pete told him he better stop because there was a police car nearby and he would arrest Jack. Jack looked around and said- No he won't. Then stuffed the rocks in his hands down his pants.

In preparation for going to the hospital I decided to dye my hair because I hadn't retouched my highlights since January or February. I thought the box would be the best way to go because it was cheap and would be fairly quick. I bought a box called Natural Blonde- not too dark and not too light. I go home dye my hair and then wash it out. As I am combing it I notice that it looks kinda reddish. I get the hair dryer out to see if maybe this is just because it is wet. Nope. My hair is in fact a fake coppery red looking color. This is very sad. So for a week I had fake red hair. I ended up getting it fixed at the salon-- it is a lighter now than it usually is but she had to cover the red and I guess the best way was for her to make it blonder than normal.

It has been cooler lately so we took advantage of the weather to go to the little fake zoo we have here in town. It was a nice little break in our routine. Here are a couple pictures.






Pete has been teaching Jack about magnets and they have been doing a bunch of experiments and tricks. I posted a video on facebook about one of their tricks but thought I would post a picture of it on the blog.



Next week Jack starts preschool and in just a few weeks baby should be arriving-- lots to talk about then.

No comments: