Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Weigel Adventure Land

Hey son why you gotta be hollerin' and making all sorts of ruckus when mom's on The Facebook? How's she supposed to read about other peoples lives when you're botherin' her?

Ok so that isn't exactly how it went down, but that is how it sounded to me so I figured I should get off the couch and actually interact with my son. So this is what Luke and I did while Jack was napping.

It is homemade finger paint




Then Jack woke up so we went outside. This is win-win because I can just sit in a chair and the sun wears them out, but it is like I am actually doing something awesome with them. Plus, when my legs get hot they pour water on them to cool them off-- they think it is fun, and I don't have to get up. Bad parenting? I say creative.

Jack started swimming lessons in the medium pool, and they have them do head bobs getting their whole head wet- Jack was only getting his face/forehead wet. Pete decided it was time to show him not to be scared so we practiced in our little baby pool over the weekend. On Monday Jack did it once but then decided he was done. However, he was standing next to this little girl who kept doing it, and I think after watching her for a bit he decided he would try again. This triggered some sort of adventurer chemical in his brain because he has been trying all sorts of stuff this week. At dinner that night he ate rice, tried refried beans on his taco, and even tried salad. What?! Then the next day Pete was eating crab sushi for lunch and asked Jack if he wanted to try some and the kid actually took 3 bites!! I don't think he loved it, but he didn't hate it--crazy?! Who is this kid?

They got to go to the big pool yesterday




Jack trying the sushi!

Also, he let Pete give him a buzz yesterday without having to be bribed- huge deal. So we have decided that Jack should have a big boy car seat-- a booster car seat. This and we found out a boy younger than him just got one, so we figured it was about time.

No comments: