Monday, June 6, 2011

Wrap Up

Pete and I finished off our trip to Texas by heading to Austin one day and visiting friends the last day. Since I am pregnant we didn't go out on the town in Austin-- no bars or seeing bands--instead we went to the capitol, a museum, walked up and down Guadalupe street near campus, went on campus to walk around, and then headed off to Toy Joy. I wore a dress and flip flops/sandals because we had originally planned to go out to a nice dinner that evening. I did not think this all the way through because by the time we made it to the museum my feet were hurting something fierce, so decided that I could ease the pain by walking around barefoot. I am sure that I looked like some sort of hick stereotype, but it did help my feet.  As far as dinner, we ended up not going because after an afternoon of walking I just wanted to go to bed. This is pretty much how our trip went all week- I would want to go out to a nice dinner, but by the time dinner rolled around all I was ready to do was sit in bed and watch tv. Then we got to see the Barnett clan our last full day there-- it was so great to see them and meet their kids. The kids were so much fun and a blast to be around we were still talking about them once we returned home. So thank you to the Barnett family for having us over.

On the state senate floor

Turtle Pond on Austin's campus

barefoot and pregnant in a museum

pete's new plane

When we got home we were more than ready to see our boys. We missed them so much! Many times throughout the trip we wondered if we could try to change our flight so we could see them sooner. We got to hang out with Jack some before we all had to head to bed, and he was so happy to see us and had so much to tell us. They were quite busy while we were away- pool time, playing t-ball, visiting Poppa and the aunts/uncles, playing foosball, going to the Reptile Zoo, going to Natural Bridge, and a ton more I am sure. Luke was already asleep when we got home, but when I went to bed I brought him in bed with me. I was happy when he smiled and showed me that he remembered me- I was a little worried he might forget some but he didn't. Thank you Granny, Pappy, and Uncle Danny for watching, entertaining, and taking such good care of our boys.

No comments: