Thursday, June 9, 2011

lukeheadbangs


I thought this video would be the best way to show you what a rockin' summer we are having. Luke loves rock music and is often seen head-banging around the house.
Other Luke things:
-He is walking now-yay! His preferred method of transport is still either crawling or having his parents carry him around, but everyday he walks a little more.
-He is really into the Elmo House Slippers as seen in the picture below.
-He is also really really into belly buttons; especially mine. I am actually a little tired of having my shirt pulled up half the day so he can poke my belly button. Oh well, he does it to almost everyone-- at least he tries to. I have a pictures of him doing it to Jack and himself. Luckily, Jack thinks it is funny when he does it.

-He is entering the mimic stage which is cute because when we growl or make funny noises he does them too. We are excited watching him grow and leave the baby stage behind.

Jack is really into reptiles of all kinds but mostly snakes. We just bought him a snake encyclopedia that should get here this weekend-- he can't stop talking about it. While he and Pete were working in the yard they found an egg that is leathery and not hard so we have deemed it- The Reptile Egg. Jack checks on it multiple times a day. He either goes outside to look at it or there is a window in the house that gives you a perfect view. I am not sure it will hatch, but Jack can't wait to see what happens.
Other Jack stuff
- He started swim lessons this week. He has totally rocked them!!! I am so so proud of him. He can do everything they ask and he smiles almost the whole time. He came to the fence one day during the lesson and said, "Mom, I am so proud of myself!" His friend, Madeline, is in his class and they hang out the whole time. They are super cute. I have a couple not so great pictures of swim lessons. I was going to take better ones today, but it didn't quite work out so these will have to do.

-He still loves helping Pete in the yard and doing big guy things like shearing and lopping weeds.
-He signed up for the library summer reading program.
-He is just getting so big and is so much fun to be around.

Becky News-
-I am measuring big.I also had my glucose test earlier in the week, so we think that the measuring big may be a result of gestational diabetes- though we don't have the results back yet.
- I have been emailing our German university this week about housing for next year. Lucky for me the International Department understands English. :) They have housing available and we filled out a reserve form, but there is some misunderstanding about the dates- so I had to email again and ask very specifically about the dating system- is it European or American? I feel stupid for asking such a question but it does make quite a bit of difference when you have to make plans for arriving in a new country with a large family.

Pete News-
-He is refereeing a paper. This sounds very physical and like stripped shirts may be involved, alas this is not the case. When someone submits or wants to submit a paper to a journal it has to be reviewed and the errors have to be pointed out by other people in the field. Pete's adviser thought he should have the experience.
-He is also rocking it out daddy style, so much that when he leaves to study tears are flowing everywhere.

No comments: