Friday, April 1, 2011

Isn't it supposed to be Spring?!

I hate this weather. I am just throwing that out there right now. It is supposed to be Spring and if this is Spring I am ready to skip it and move straight to Summer. To divert ourselves from this nastiness we have tried doing a few things, but really I can't get into it. First, we went to the Children's Museum in Indy. The first couple pictures are of Jack hanging out with Dora and Diego. We went with KY friends and met for lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory before heading to the museum. Apparently it was Spring Break for the surrounding area and by the way- not the best time to go to the Children's Museum. The line was outside. Still, while Jack was able to hold up it was fun, but then he was done and done fast. We left early.


Then one night we walked around this strip mall area near campus because there are bunnies that live there, and one of them lets Jack get real close before hopping away. He loves it. Then the boys threw rocks, pretended to walk off a plank, and various other things. I got cold so it was time to go about after 45 minutes or so.

When stuck inside you find the kids will often entertain themselves. The next two pictures were discovered on my camera- they are portraits by Jack.

Pete's birthday is this week-- no fun Spring like weather for his birthday. So sorry! He has requested we all go out for sushi and that a box of Red Bull be his only present. I was going to protest.I had other ideas in mind for a present, but as he recently requested my presence in France this summer I think a box of Red Bull is all we can afford.

France you say? Well, he is applying to a two week conference in Nantes this summer. He hasn't been told if or what funding he gets so it is still a wee bit up in the air. However, if funding comes through I will join him for a week. If it does not we may just take a long weekend together somewhere here in the good old USA.

Hmm... other stuff..... well April 20th we get to find out boy or girl. Jack still swears boy and will hear nothing of a potential sister. I felt baby move and even noticed a part of my, increasing in size, tummy get hard with some sort of baby part sticking up--perhaps butt. I thought baby needed to be bigger, but there you go.

Luke is screaming all the time now. Fun stuff. Since he can't talk and hasn't really bought into the whole sign language thing like Jack did- he screams when he wants or needs or doesn't get anything. The screams are very piercing and not fun.

There you have it. Life here with the Weigel Family. I really hope it gets warm/hot soon. I can't stand this dreary weather.

No comments: