Sunday, June 13, 2010

Everyday Stuff

We have been thinking about and worrying over where to live once our lease here is up, after much disappointment, we found a place to live. We signed the lease last week and we get the keys July 1st. I have to say that I have pretty much already forgotten what it looks like on the inside, but the things that matter most are 3 bedrooms, fenced in yard, attached garage, and washer/dryer hook-ups. We have to buy a washer/dryer so once we move in the search for that will start. Still we are excited.

Luke took a liking to his left thumb early on, but he was unsuccessful at finding it on his own or keeping it in his mouth once it was found. Then he began to discover it on his own, but only when he slept. Now he is starting to find it all the time. Once it is in his mouth he just keeps on sucking- hard, almost as if he is afraid he will lose it and not be able to find it again. It is pretty cute. He has also picked a blankie. We had two that we were going back and forth with, but now he has let his preference be known. When he sucks his thumb he also has part of the blankie in his hand and holds it right next to his face, this has happened on a regular enough basis that it doesn't appear to be coincidence. I will have to take a picture of this because it is super cute. So thank you Julisa for Luke's blankie.


Luke also likes to do baby squats. This is where you have him facing you on your lap, you are holding his hands, and he stands up and then sits down-repeat all day if you like. He is one strong baby. All you other babies better watch out!

Jack loves to make up games with Pete, and they have one game called- Crazy Balls. I am not real sure what this game is, but the word crazy seems appropriate. They take plastic golf clubs and balls and hit them as hard as they can down the hall. The 'scoring' system seems more baseball related: single, double, home run. There is also throwing involved and Jack has one crazy arm so you can't really say where the ball is going to end up. I feel like I need a helmet on when I am in the living room. Jack sits at the end of the hall while Pete hits or throws the ball(quite hard) in his direction. I just know one day Jack is going to get hit in the head--sigh. Jack loves it.

Jack and I have been checking out this website-Dino Train. They have fun facts and correct pronunciations of many dinosaurs plus videos on muppet type dinosaurs learning about other dinosaurs. It is cute--Thanks Carrie for telling us about it. We also watch some of the videos on you tube. I have been too lazy to figure out when the show actually comes on tv.

A little while a go we were in Morehead (for some holiday) and these cards were pulled out as conversation starters. One question was- If you could go to any concert what would it be? Well, I said Jack Johnson because I do love Jack Johnson, his music makes me happy, I always listen to it in the spring right when the weather changes, I listen to it when I clean the house, and on and on. It is sort of my go to music, you know the music that just makes you happy. Last night I was straightening up my EW magazines and getting ready to pitch some in the recycling, but first I wanted to thumb through them one last time and make a list of any music, books, or shows that caught my interest. What did I find? Oh, I think you know-an ad for Jack Johnson's concert this summer. I immediately turn to Pete--remind him of the the conversation starter question and my answer then make what I hope was a cute puppy dog face and not some scary pit bull face. He laughs and tells me if they are playing at the Verizon Center we can go. Jack Johnson here we come! We haven't bought our tickets yet, so don't all of you go and buy all the seats-- I might cry.

Last night we played Trivial Pursuit with easy, medium, and hard questions. I completely forgot we had this game. We've had it for over a year and we have played it once. How fun to discover a game you forgot you had. To answer the question I know you are all asking-Pete won. I know many of you thought I might have a chance since there are easy questions, but remember if I get easy questions so does Pete-- it is determined by what number you roll- 1 = easiest and 6= hardest. Still I held my own quite well and was only missing one pie before he won it all. :)

Here is a picture of the boys together. Luke loves to look at Jack, and Jack loves to smell Luke. Yes, you read that right. Jack loves the smell of spit-up.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm so glad Jack likes Dinosaur Train!
I'm also very happy that you will get to see Jack Johnson! Woohoo!