Thursday, November 5, 2009

The 2- year- old strikes again

I realized I hadn't been letting you in on how life with a 2-yr-old is going. I really can't believe I have been so selfish. So here you go.

-He figured out if we are in public and we pick him up or grab his arm, he can yell: You're hurting me!!! and people will stare and we will become embarrassed.

-When he gets mad he looks at me and goes: I want to hit you. Then he does.

-Today after I got my shot he loudly asked me, in front of the nurse, where are the stickers? When she said he could have one, he misunderstood and thought suckers would be involved. Once receiving sticker and being made to say thank you- he threw it, yelled: I want a sucker! and ran into the office of one of the doctors. She was in there- I was mortified.

-The winner happened tonight. We decided to eat at Buffalo Wild Wings. We rarely eat at places that don't have a drive-thru, and now I remember why. He started sliding straws, wipes, and etc. into the booth behind us ( there were people in the booth). He threw the same things in the air just to see where they would land. After much scolding and moving these things out of the way he began to get irritated. The food finally arrived, and we thought things would calm down- no. He took a fry and tossed it at the table closest to us- hitting a man in the face. We left.

Oh the joys of parenthood. Below is a picture showing how cute and sweet he appears to the normal everyday passerby.