Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Spring?




Yesterday was beautiful! I put Jack in the car, rolled down the windows, and sang, off-key, to Jack Johnson. It was fabulous. It made me think of our last weekend in Louisville. It was August and we loaded the car with Jack and Tigran to do a couple of our favorite things. We went to Nancy's Ground Bagels, where the neighboring Cajun place had Jack Johnson blaring from their speakers, and then it was off to Cherokee Park where Tigran could play on dog hill. Now this was before all the ridiculous dog run crap they have going on now. Dog hill was like a little heaven for dogs- off leashes, not fenced in, big dogs and little dogs could mingle, and they would sniff butts and run up and down that huge hill- it was awesome! Oh well-- it was nice to remember such a great day.

Pete had his birthday this weekend. I made homemade cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting. I hate chocolate cakes, so I didn't enjoy them, but Pete thought they were delicious and that is what matters. Pete's dad came up so we could go out to dinner sans Jack, it was a nice rarity. We went to this place called Bistro 501. Pete enjoyed some scotch and a rack of lamb, and I had some cabernet with a bleu-cheese encrusted filet mignon. We thought the food was fantastic and would recommend this place to anyone in town. We were quite surprised that there were restaurants like this in our little town- it was an unexpected treat.

We went to campus to just walk around on Saturday. We had a great time. Jack played in the big fountain. They didn't have the water on yet. I think it will be fun to take him there when they have the water on. It will be like sprinklers, on a larger scale. There is also a lion fountain that Jack thought was neat. He liked touching the nose and growling at it.

Jack is going through a mimic phase. He watches me put my make-up on in the morning and has now shown an interest in my make-up brushes, much to Pete's dismay, so I let him hold on while I get ready. He saw me cleaning up a stain on the carpet the other day, and afterwards he wanted to use the scrubbing brush to clean it up as well, I let him. He is also very interested in calling daddy after I get off the phone with him. It is really cute. He is also taking his socks , or daddy's, and shoes off and trying to put them back on. He has the taking them off part down. He is signing a few words now:all done, ceiling fan, car(sort of), more(but not always at the correct time), and a few others. It isn't all the time but it is a start. He really loves the Signing Time video. We don't normally allow him watch videos or tv, but we put this 25 min. video on and he just is glued. I don't know whether to think it is cute or be concerned.

In final Jack news: He had a tympanogram yesterday that showed there is still fluid in his ears. After three antibiotics and about two months of battling this ear infection they are now giving him a shot of rocephin daily for three days followed by a rechecking of the ears in two weeks. If this does not work we are off to see the ear doctor.

Oh and in one final bit of Jack news: for those who really know us and know our sleep strategy for Jack, which has a ton more to do with me than Jack, I just want to let you all know that he is in his crib now. His real crib.

No comments: