Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Keys


Jack has two very clear favorite activities. 1. Cars 2. Keys-- I suppose these are not entirely dissimilar. As soon as he finishes eating breakfast (sometimes before) he signs car and this means open the balcony door so I can watch the cars as they drive by. If the door is already open and he signs car it means, I want to stand on the balcony and for some reason you only let me do that with your permission. This happens on and off for the whole day. He will intersperse his day with keys. He is very cognizant of my car key vs. play keys or just the plain old apartment key. It has to be my car key and the big W that is part of my keychain. We did try to trick him and were quickly made aware that he was no fool. He loves this key. He puts it in the space between the door and the doorframe and he carries them around all day with a huge smile on his face. He even eats and sleeps with the keys. Oh yes this is a true story. In his high chair while eating bologna he will want the keys right there with him-they were very sticky after that. I have since tried hiding the keys when it is lunch time. Today he was holding the keys when we got home and were getting ready for a nap-he refused to let me take the keys out of his hands so he fell asleep with his blankie and the car keys. I am not sure what I am going to do because he likes to put them in stuff too-one day it took me all afternoon before I found them. I asked him where they were and it just made him cry because I reminded him that he didn't have them at that moment.


1 comment:

Maxwells said...

Didn't even know you had a blog. Jack is such a cutie!!
One time the kieys went mysteriously missing and my husband was so mad at me, thinking I misplaced them. Found them a few days later in Benjamin's room. I was just glad it wasn't me who lost them.