Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Turkeys and Tattoos

My son was asked to share what he did over Thanksgiving and he said, "We drove 6 hours, I smashed my head against a wall, and my parents got tattoos." Gotta say that sounds like an interesting holiday, especially from a teacher's perspective with no other information.

We drove to Kentucky in a van with shaky brakes, a sliding door that broke yet again and refuses to open, which means all the kids have to pile in and out of one side of the van, and an AV output that is busted. Still, we arrived in one piece and got to enjoy turkey and all the sides. My son, the one who shared his Thanksgiving experience, was acting all a fool and after spinning around he fell into the corner of the wall. A nice huge goose egg appeared. Here just look that this. Crazy, right?



The day after Thanksgiving Pete and I did get matching tattoos because I figure 35 is a good age for a mid-life crisis and is just the right age for I don't give damn. Mostly, we got them because we don't wear wedding rings because he lost his and I am allergic to the nickel in both my engagement and wedding band. After about 5 years of not wearing anything we both wanted to have something to show the world we were husband and wife, I mean besides the 5 kids that are always hanging on us.






I guess my son summed up Thanksgiving pretty well. I wonder what Christmas will be like?

No comments: