Sunday, May 10, 2015

Staying busy with Mother's Day and First Communion

We have had and will continue to have a busy schedule full of awesome events. One of my favorites- Mother's Day. We wanted to do outside stuff, but it had rained in the AM, and we weren't sure what surprises the weather would hold for us during the afternoon so we went to the movies-Avengers   I was able to watch about half, maybe a little bit more, before I had to take Meg and Rob out to the lobby. Meg only wanted me. I think this was mostly due to the fact I was wearing Robert, and she always wants what she can't have.

I got eggs in bed this morning, but alas, no gift. Pete said he had been too busy to think about it. He was busy this week, he had an interview outside Baltimore and one outside Chicago. Still, Mother's Day is a big deal. He said he would get around to it. Hmm... We'll see. I mean I did deliver a baby all by myself this year, so that should get me something- right?!

 There are bear statues around town so we want to find them all and get pictures next to them. Fun for us, there were three near the movie theater.




I went to Luke's Mother's Day tea party. It was sweet. We got our picture taken, colored a paper picture frame, I listened to songs and a poem, fact sheets/an interview that Luke answered on my behalf was read aloud, I received a rosary bracelet he helped to make, and finally snacks! So glad I was able to go.


A big event in Jack's life was First Communion. He looked so handsome. He was good during Mass!! A miracle all by itself. He read a petition, and did a great job. I had been quite worried because they had practice the day before and Jack had decided he was going to act like a fool. The woman in charge brought him over to me and asked if Jack really wanted to do the reading because he wasn't taking it seriously and was refusing to practice it. Luckily, it went smoothly the day of. He was so excited to receive the sacrament that he high fived everyone who had come out that day to support Team Jack.

jack with his awesome parents

jack with amazing godparents

the whole crew

receiving communion

being reverent 


Since you mostly just see the back of Robbie's head in these pictures I wanted to say that our sweet baby boy is smiling and saying goo now. He is also holding his head quite well these days. I have non- back of the head pictures to prove it.

he is strong and he knows it

chilling with me in bed and smiling


No comments: