Tuesday, October 21, 2014

How about a little smoke to wake you up

This morning Meg and I were just relaxing in bed. I was trying to get her to stop kicking me in the stomach so I could get those last 30 minutes of rest before my 7am alarm went off. The boys were of course awake because they think 6am is an awesome party time. I would have stayed in bed but the smell of smoke filled my nostrils and this quickly brought me to my feet. Meg and I rushed down the stairs to be greeted with a thick layer of smoke, and three boys who all started talking at once. I first thought it was our toaster because it is broken and I should get a new one, but I keep not doing it. For instance, when we make toaster strudels it will either pop them out after 5 seconds or 5 minutes. I had gathered from all the talking that Thomas had tried to make his own breakfast, so I figured he put toaster strudels in there and just waited but they never came out. However, while I was opening the windows and the doors to air things out Jack kept mentioning oatmeal. How in the world could oatmeal make a smell and layer of smoke that was making everyone cough and poor Meg's eyes become all red and watery? I told Jack to go get was burnt and show me. He carries in a bowl with blackened oatmeal. Hmm. Jack said that he never knew Thomas had started making the oatmeal, it was only when it started to smell like smoke that he went into the kitchen and saw the microwave still had 5 minutes and 45 seconds left. He grabbed a towel and took the bowl out. This is what it looked like.



I was also told that Tigran ended up peeing under the table. I could never feel any wet spots but they all three promised that they saw him do it. So I just grabbed carpet cleaner and cleaned anyway. It was a very eventful morning.

Jack has been taking a lot of AR quizzes this year, and after so many points they get certificates. He brought home his Rising Reader certificate yesterday, but I guess he wasn't very impressed. Plus, he waited a whole week to bring home.



We went to the store yesterday and my eye was caught by the wine section. Not because I was craving wine, but because of this suggested pairing.

In case you were wondering what to get with your Pizza Hut. Now you know.

No comments: