Thursday, February 27, 2014

What do you do with 4 kids in the winter?

I took Meg to the grocery store yesterday and someone asked how old she was and I said-- oh 2 weeks but she will be 3 weeks this week. Um- wrong. I got an email today that was all about my 4 week old baby. Man, that was all a blur. I can't say that I feel overwhelmed because adjusting to 3 kids was so much harder, but I guess the day does get away from you.

I like to break it down this way.  When I wake up I need 2 cokes or the equivalent- I want the caffeine and sugar.



Then a couple hours later I realize I still have that headache I woke up with. That is when I drink my coffee.


Then I turn to my trusty gallon water jug. But after feeding the baby, carrying the baby, listening to Luke and Thomas all day, and Jack once he gets home from school I turn to my dear friend alcohol.

 
1-1.5 glasses gets me through dinner, homework, and bedtime rituals. Then I begin hitting the gallon water jug again. Sometimes the water jug comes upstairs with me at night- I go through a lot of water.

Some days I get dressed but most days I don't. This has more to do with the fact I can't wear my regular clothes yet, and I don't like to be reminded by having to wear maternity clothes. I have 20 lbs until pre-pregnancy weight. I think I have about 10 lbs until I can squeeze into some of my regular clothes. Today I did manage to get dressed and here you go-nothing fancy.


This month we had Luke's 4th birthday. Our super hero loving boy celebrated his birthday by going to Imagination Station, playing games at Chuck E Cheese, and eating spicy Chinese for dinner.




It is still the longest coldest winter ever so we pulled out toys we haven't seen in awhile like the Lite Brite Cube.

 We have also decided to take lots of pictures with the camera.





When regular pictures got boring we started using Photo Booth.


So there you go, if you were wondering what you do with 4 kids in the freezing cold winter after it has been winter forever. Oh, and we have given up on kids tv shows and now we watch Doctor Who as a family and rock out on Pandora to Black Sabbath (ok and the Frozen soundtrack).

No comments: