Tuesday, September 17, 2013

My kids and my house are a mess, what about yours?

Recently I thought it was time for me to clean our glass door, it had been many months after all. Really, months. I wiped it, I cleaned it, and the smudges were gone. I took a step back to admire this amazing feat of house cleaning. At this moment my darling little Luke comes up and says, "It looks so good here, here, here, and here. It looks good in all the places." I wish I could say he said this while standing 10 ft. back but with each here, here, and here he was swiping his finger across the glass. Then for his final flourish when he said-it looks good in all the places- he used both hands to rub the whole glass, so I would know exactly where all the places were. Now I remember why I hadn't cleaned the glass in months. It took less than 10 seconds for it to look the exact same.

Yesterday I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, I put some laundry in the washing machine, and grabbed a few handful of toys threw them in a basket then grabbed a coke, put my feet up, looked around and said, "It is clean enough." That is my motto -it is clean enough. With three boys my house will never really be clean. All of our bathrooms smell like pee, every inch of carpet upstairs has sheets, blankets, pillows, and toys on it because our boys can't decide where they want to sleep but they know for sure it isn't in their own beds. My own room has cups, wrappers, markers, pens, old sucker sticks, and who knows what else because they treat our room as theirs. So if you ever come over you will probably not be invited upstairs because that is way too scary but if you come you are welcome downstairs so long as, it is clean enough, works for you, and if it doesn't you can stand outside.

Today I went upstairs to talk to Pete on the phone about his upcoming travel plans. The two younger boys were downstairs playing. I began to hear a lot of laughing, a little banging and knew I wouldn't love what I saw when I went downstairs, but I had no idea what it would be. I began to walk down the stairs when boom, there it was, I saw it. There was, and at the moment still is, glue, marker, and crayon all over all the walls, tables, and blinds. I was upstairs for like 10 minutes max. Oh my goodness. These kids are driving me bonkers. Here is a little sample of their artwork.




1 comment:

Mark and Tamri said...

Oh my goodness!!! So sorry! Do you have touch up paint?