Friday, August 16, 2013

Some Small Things We Have Been Up To This Month

So it's been awhile since I wrote on here, almost a month, I will blame pregnancy. I haven't really been feeling that great. I get grumpy and tired and then I just want to lay in bed after I read to Jack and play candy crush or stare blankly at facebook. I did feel like my brain was starting to rot so I got a crossword puzzle book to help those little grey cells move around and get some exercise. I decided to read again, which I quit doing all summer. I blame pregnancy and getting older, because books with murder, kidnapping, children dying or being hurt or given away, or anything just sad and even remotely realistic has upset me for weeks on end and since this covers most books I just stopped. I think it is time to go back to reading my historical biographies.These are more academic in nature so anything bad doesn't bother me in quite the same way.

What have we been up to? Jack started 1st grade!!!!!!!!!


After a summer off he was a little nervous about getting into the swing of things, plus he didn't get the teacher he had wanted. However, he came home with nothing but glowing reports of his class and teacher. He said his teacher was so welcoming and not only do they get recess but they get brain breaks outside because in 1st grade you have to learn so much more than in kindergarten that your brain needs a break.

I had my cerclage this week. So in preparation for it they took some ultrasound pictures.

Baby is just fine. My cervix has softened but there isn't a whole lot to be done just now so we wait and see. I go to the doctor next week and will ask him more questions about it. I had a horrible headache for about three days after the procedure but it is easing up today-- I hope it stays gone because I was so not a very pleasant lady to be around.

Pete ran to Wal-Mart and saw a monkey shirt that he had to get Luke. It was a big hit.



The boys were asking for play dough so I made some for them. Thomas decided to pretend that his was a pillow.


Pete has started lining up talks for this semester- the goal is 10 talks. He already has two definite talks-one at Columbia and one at Illinois. There are a few more that we are waiting to hear back about. He has been working hard on his research and it will pay off because he is having a paper published in the Journal of Symplectic Geometry. Yay!!! Of course, Pete is working on more papers and ideas because he wouldn't be Pete otherwise. This semester he will not only be giving talks but he will apply for Post Docs basically everywhere. His semester will be very busy and perhaps we can begin to breath easy again in February when we learn where we will end up.


No comments: