Sunday, March 25, 2012

Bye Bye Henderson

This morning we took the boys down to the river to throw rocks. As we stood there a barge passed and a train went over head, it was really a fabulous last moment in Henderson. Luke sat down on the river's edge with the water lapping over his legs, and I wish I could say I just took it in with a smile, but instead I was worried about his diaper puffing out, having to do extra laundry, and his shoes getting muddy, so of course I picked him up and moved him, causing the once peaceful and happy boy to scream and cry. I believe I redeemed myself when later he decided to walk through a mud pit so large he became stuck and couldn't get out. Instead of helping him, I just watched as he lost a shoe and fell on his stomach. Pete pulled him to safety then put him in the river to wash off the mud.

Earlier in the week we met a friend of mine and her daughter for a play date. Before we arrived Jack informed me that he would not play with her at all because she was a girl. (oh Jack). For the first half of the morning he stayed true to his word. His morning consisted of one-upping everyone. If the younger kids were going down the 'baby' slides and we heaped praise on them Jack informed us that he could go down them faster and better. If one kid climbed a ladder, ran, or looked into the river then Jack could climb it higher, run faster, and look the  furthest. There was a rock hill Jack wanted to climb. I let him climb about 3/4 of the way before I told him to stop since I couldn't see what was at the top, and I wasn't going to climb up to the top to find out. If Pete had been there it would have become a new adventure where roads at the tops of hills are not dangerous but totally awesome. Sadly, I am not Pete and instead of fun times Jack informed me that he hated me, I was no fun, and was ruining his life( I wanted to have only boys because I didn't want drama ). After his breakdown he and Luci played and played then he asked if we could play with her again. As we are leaving the country soon this is not feasible but then it was decided we could Skype with her and he was so excited. We walked them to their car and he kissed her(on the cheek) goodbye.

We have enjoyed our time in Henderson. Here are some pictures.





No comments: