Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sometimes being a parent means cleaning up gross messes

Having kids is really gross. I don't mean labor, I mean the everyday sort of stuff you get 'used to' as a parent.  Luke really isn't a fan of the diaper anymore. He runs around half naked most of the time or in undies when the mood strikes. Yesterday he went to play in Jack's room only to have Jack run out screaming," diaper alert! poopy diaper coming off!" When Luke poops he takes his diaper off immediately, unless you are right next to him when it happens then he will tell you, since I hadn't been there he was taking it off on Jack's bed. I run in as the dirty diaper was about to drop, I scoop him up, hold him out, and make it into the living room before any real damage happens. As I am changing him I realize that I am covered in poop. Oh man, I feel so dirty. I clean Luke up and wipe myself off, but since Pete will be home in 10 minutes to take Jack and Luke out I decide to wait to take a shower, and yes a shower is needed. It was a long 10 minutes.

Thomas spits and drools a lot, it is quite a massive amount really.  Yesterday I held him in the air and did the airplane move over my head, he really liked it began to smile and coo, but he also began to drool. As I looked up at him and began to smile back a large amount of drool landed in my mouth. Yuck-- you don't recover from that one right away. 

Today more issues with Luke. You may say," Just potty train the kid already!" Basically over the last 2 days he has used the potty more often than not. He pees in there quite well now. He sometimes tells you, but mostly we have to watch him for signs. He is always very proud and demands a high five. No candy needed-just fives. So we don't always have a diaper on him and we aren't too concerned about it, really the problems come when the diaper is on because then poop is involved. He won't even attempt to poop in the potty so if he has gone awhile with no diaper then we put one on--poop is on the way. Today this happened at nap time. I diaper him up, put pants on him, and 20 minutes later I hear the frantic screams I have come to know so well. Pants off, diaper off, poop flung on floor, and all sheets/blankets soiled. Oh yes, this is the fun stuff people don't think about when they are pregnant.

On a lighter and not so poopy subject -Thomas is starting to get up on his knees and rocking back and forth. He did it for the doctor a couple times today, she was impressed and believes he will be an early crawler. 

Jack is still trying to figure out girls. He pulled a girl's hair today. I am not sure what to do with him. It is only girls his age or a little younger that he is having issues with. We keep talking and he keeps saying he understands and will stop and he does--until he doesn't.

No comments: